- About Us
- Channel Coast
- Coachella Valley
- Long Beach
- Los Padres
- Los Angeles
- Arbiter Pay
- Game Documents
- Game Management
- Message from the Assignor
- Message from the Instructional Chair
- Message from the President Elect
- Message from the Secretary
- Summer League
- Mojave Desert
- Orange County
- San Fernando
- San Gabriel
- South Bay
- Instructional Chair
- Unit Secretary
- Unit Treasurer
- Members at Large
- Victor Valley-Barstow
- You will receive your schedules via email alerts from the Arbiter website.
- Make a copy of your schedule and keep it in your car. Check your schedule EVERY DAY for the upcoming week and call, text or email your partners.
- If you accept a match, work the match! If you must cancel a match contact your assignor.
- Never switch a match you have accepted without contacting your assignor.
Assignment Priorities & Fees
Assignment priorities will be based on a combination of the following criteria:
- Evaluation (Rating)
- and Tenure in FCVOA
FCVOA takes a serious approach to officiating. The way an official looks is the first thing coaches, players, and fans observe when you enter the gym. Get a proper fitting uniform and keep it pressed and cleaned. Look Professional!
The proper uniform is:
- White shoes and white socks
- Navy blue pants (no Levi's)
- White polo shirt w/certified volleyball logo
- Whistle and lanyard
- Red & yellow conduct cards
Expectations on Gameday
- At least one day prior to your assigned game you are required to contact your partner to make sure that you are going to the right place and the time of the game.
- You should plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to game time and conduct a pre-game conference.
- All officials must be at their assigned location at least 30 minutes before match time or you will be considered late.
- If you cannot arrive 30 minutes before match time call your partner and advise him/her so he/she doesn’t worry and can get pre-match items ready.
- Everyone should setup a free account on the RefPay system in preparation for any future schools using this payment method. Either Click on the RefPay link inside Arbiter or go to http://www.refpay.com. Create a user ID and password.
The amount for official fees can be found in your Blue Book on page 151.
The amounts are as follows (2015-2016):
- Varsity Match: Two officials R1-$70, R2-$60
- Working a varsity match alone $84
- Non Varsity Matches: Two officials R1-$51, R2-$46
- Working a non-varsity match alone $60
- Line Judges: $38
The pay scale used in paying officials for tournaments is the following:
- Sets to 25 points: Pool play $16 - Playoffs $18
- Sets to 21 points: Pool play $15 - Playoffs $17
- Sets to 15 points or less: Pool play $14 - Playoffs $16
Assigning Fees are as follows:
- Varsity Matches: $3.50
- Non-Varsity Matches: $2.50
- Lines: $1.00
- Tournaments: $5.00